Saturday, January 19, 2008

Uncomfortable Topic

The subject of rape, child molestation or any form of sexual abuse is probably one of the most uncomfortable topics of all to talk about, but that's not a good excuse to keep silent. Educating people, especially young women, can make a difference.

This blog is for me because I need to talk about it both from the perspective of a survivor and as someone in training to be an advocate for victims.

This blog is for you because the more you know the more you can either help, or if you are also a victim, heal.

There is so much I want to say, I had to start a new blog to say it. Anyone who reads here is invited to contact me via email or in the comments. For years I did not share my story with anyone out of shame, fear, humiliation and self blame. Now its relatively easy for me to talk about. I'll be posting it soon.

3 comments:

Aphra said...

I have not experienced sexual abuse personally, but many women in my Church have. I read your blog because I love you!

Bar L. said...

Thanks, Aphra, you're awesome.

Donnav said...

This is a great forum for you to use...thanks for talking about your life so openly...it's helped me to talk about mine! I love you!!