Monday, May 10, 2010

Melissa Huckaby Pleads Guilty To Murder of Sandra Cantu

It was one year and one month ago today that I wrote about this exceptionally horrific crime.  All sexual abuse is evil, and certainly murder is, but this story is uniquely horrible.

Its not often that women are sexual predators and/or murder little girls that happen to be friends with their own daughters.  And on top of that, she stuffed her body in a suitcase and threw it in a pond of some sort.

I will never forget the surveillance video of the trailer park where little Sandra Cantu lived.  It shows her skipping happily along as she heads over to her little friends house.  A sweet 8 year old without a care in the world unknowingly walking into the home of her murderer.

I don't even want to think of the terror and pain she may have felt as this woman abused her.

They say Melissa Huckaby must be insane or mentally ill to have committed such a heinous crime --- I'm sure that's true!  Healthy minded people wouldn't do such a thing BUT NEITHER WOULD MOST MENTALLY ILL people!

She is dangerous and needs to be kept away from society.  I heard she's getting 25 to life.  That sounds fair to me if they stick to the life part.

My heart literally aches tonight when I think of this precious little girl's family.  How does a mother endure such a loss?  I think a part of parent's heart must die when they lose a child for any reason, but this is the worst possible way to lose anyone.

No comments: