Friday, February 25, 2011

Swim School Instructor Suspected of Raping Teenage Student

Ok, just hours ago I posted the below story about the man who raped his friends two year old at Sea World when he had ten minutes alone wit her.

Now I open my local paper to read this story.  It confirms what I said, you can't really trust anyone, even around your teens.  This man is the owner of a swim school.

Does anyone out there have any ideas on how we can trust ANYONE near our children?  I think the only answer it to never allow a child to be alone with an adult....ever.

Todd Sousa

Todd Sousa, 36, was arrested Thursday at J. Serra Catholic High School, where he was coaching.

According to reports Sousa, founder and executive director of Swim Venture, admitted to having sex with the young girl during police questioning.

Officials believe there could be more victims.

"He certainly violated a position of trust," Amormino said. 
"These parents trust this man with their young children."

you can read the rest of the story here.

3 comments:

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

It seems that sometimes you don't know who you can trust until it's too late.

Bar L. said...

Yeah, this dude lives in my area and looks very familiar to me. Its often the "normal" looking guys with families that are the predators.

I hope reading my blog doesn't scare you from having kids, Mike! You'd be a wonderful father.

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

Thanks, Barbara. Robyn and I don't have any plans to have kids anyway, so you can't deter us by posting. ;-)

My Dad and several of my friends worked for the county investigating child abuse and another friend was a cop working the domestic violence detail, so there isn't much I haven't heard.