Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kobe Bryant Makes me Sick

I hate basketball season because I have to see the arrogant, smug face of Kobe Bryant plastered all over the media.  He's running around a court hanging of the hoops making millions when he should be in jail serving his term for rape.

Many people will disagree with me on this...obviously, since he's seen as some sort of god by Laker's fans.  But I know the truth and so does Kobe. He knows he got away with it, he also knows what happened behind the scenes in the civil case that he LOST.

One of my closest friends knows the victim and her family.  He knows what kind of girl she was, a typical 19 year old.  And typical 19 year olds have sex with boys/men, and a typical 19 year old would have a hard time turning down a young handsome rich, famous, celebrity.

What started out mutually did not end that way.  When he forced her, with his hands around her neck to bend over a chair so he could have sex with her in that position, she said NO!  STOP!  But not only did he not stop, when he was almost done he forced her to turn around so he could ejaculate in her face.   THAT is called RAPE - forcing yourself on someone who doesn't want you, not to mention degradation.

There was physical evidence against Kobe, including her blood on his shirt and vaginal trauma, but as is typical in many rape cases, they put the victim on trial and tried to make her look bad, like she agreed to it.

And because this poor girl refused to take the stand, they dropped the case.  Reading some of what this young lady would have had to say IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE WORLD was so degrading and humiliating, of course she did not want to testify and have everyone in her life, plus everyone watching the trial, hear what she endured.

He got away with it.  He continues his life of fame and fortune bouncing his little balls around on the court.....while her memory of that night will never leave her.  She will never stop being "the girl who accused Kobe of rape".

Well, I know she was telling the truth and I hope that someday, somehow Kobe has to pay for it.  I can think of an appropriate punishment but I will keep that thought to myself.

8 comments:

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

I hope he doesn't do it again, but if he does, I hope they nail him and lock him up.

Aaron aka Frank said...

I hope he does it again so they can lock him up.

And I can think of many appropriate punishments. There was an episode of Star Trek Voyager where one of the crew was accused and charged with murder - and on the planet in question he was sentenced to a life of revisiting the last moments of his apparent victim's life (he was later acquitted after Tuvok managed to find the real killer). Perhaps if Kobe had to endure what he did to her every day for the rest of his life he would wish he hadn't.

Bar L. said...

Thanks for the comments Mike and Third. Its nice to know I am not alone in my thinking. I have friends who get very defensive and angry with me when I bring this topic up but they still rant and rave about how great he is in front of me. Professional athletes seem to get away with just about anything.

BMelonsLemonade said...

I believe what comes around, goes around...such is the way of the universe. We, the public may not see when he gets his...but, it will come. I actually had several encounters with professional athletes when I worked on Bourbon Street. They are all a freaking mess, deep down inside. They think they are invincible on the outside, but are so afraid they are gonna get beat on the inside. I always wondered...if they are so happy and perfect...what are they doing paying to see tits on Bourbon Street??????

BMelonsLemonade said...

You know, Barb, I have never seen this site before. And I just read the "A Listening Ear" part...and I had to repost a comment because....Damn, isn't that just what I said about you in my email from earlier tonight????

Mainstream Society said...

Maybe you should stop crying about it and move on. I mean seriously the matter it over and done with and has it ever occurred to you that being accused of such a crime has had some effect on how people look at him eg: his immediate family. He was vindicated so just get off the guys case and find some other guy to hate on

Bar L. said...

Mainstream, Don't worry, I have plenty of other guys I hate on too, he's just the only one who's face keeps popping up every time I turn on the TV (during basketball season) and is a constant reminder to me that people with power and money and fame get away with things that the average person doesn't. Of course I have considered how people look at him, especially his family. They are also victims of his choices. He was vindicated in criminal court but found guilty in civil court.

I would take your comment more seriously if I had not also seen the comment you left about how it was a woman's fault that she got raped because of how she dressed.

Mainstream Society said...

its a factor of life that based on someones rank he/she will be afforded certain opportunities that others will not even hear a whisper about. And each comment is individual not linked therefore it is biased and to put it bluntly stupid (no offence to you) that you would view a comment differently due to a past one. Also i would say that the criminal court overshadows civil court matter