Monday, September 14, 2009

Tears of Anger - Annie Le's Body Found


I don't always get emotionally choked up over these stories...okay that's a lie, I do, over all of them, but some more so than others.

I am ANGRY.   I don't claim to have answers, but something has to be done about the frequency of murders against women.  This young lady wrote a paper about how women should stay safe, learn self defense, etc.  I say BS!  That is something very positive to do but its ridiculous to think that following safety tip or knowing self defense makes a difference, Annie's death proves that.

There are sick male predators out there - perhaps if they were punished more severely, if they were somehow weeded out?  I don't know.  It just makes me sick that NO ONE is safe anywhere.  This is why I advocate gun ownership.  Maybe we all need to walk around armed and dangerous to stay safe (yes, I am am being facetious...but I do support the right to bear arms and own firearms).

Rest in peace to this young woman, and my heart aches for her fiance, family and friends.

No comments: