Friday, February 8, 2008

Men Get Raped Too

I mentioned in an earlier post that men are victims of approximately 15% of all rapes. Usually its a heterosexual male raping another heterosexual male - again a reminder: rape is NOT about sex, its about control, anger, violence....

I just heard from a friend about a man who was held for 24 hours at The Burning Man Festival and raped repeatedly during that time. How horrific. I don't know the details, and I don't want to.

The Burning Man Festival has had a lot of controversy surrounding it, they claim its about art and radical self expression - well I hope whoever radically expressed themselves by raping this young man spend time burning in jail.

2 comments:

treasured_creatives said...

hi,
This is indeed a horrible ritual and traumatic experience for the victim.
I have blogged about an incident of a man gang raped by three women... in South Africa.
Do check and leave your comments.

Don said...

I just ordered my first-time tickets. I'm beginning to see it will be more than self-expression (whatever I would do with that). It will be an anthropological expedition.