Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Convicted

What concerns me about this, and many other sex crimes, is, "what would have happened if the defendant did not plead guilty?"  What if he would plead not guilty or tried to pull some "mental illness" card?  I can't stand the thought of guys like this getting away with sex with minors and wondering how this girl's life has been affected.

I am glad this guy was convicted.  I hope this trend continues although 150 days in jail seems like a slap on the wrist.  I think 2 years would have been more appropriate.

A former Mission Viejo Soccer Club coach was convicted Wednesday of having sex with a 16-year-old female player in his car and at the teen's home.
David Christopher Hernandez, 28, of Corona, pleaded guilty in the Harbor Justice Center in Newport Beach to two felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I want him to get convicted too and all thoses guys liek them. but the most these guys ever get is a slap on the wrist and a tsk tsk lets try and not do that again...
good thing he plead guilty it doesnt leave as much room for him to switch around the story.
lets hope he gets what he deserves cause I know exactley how that girl must feel.

Bar L. said...

Blonde,

I know. I thought of you immediately and knowing you has made cases like these even more personal to me and more angry then ever. I am going to have a fit if you know who doesn't get a strong sentence....