Friday, April 10, 2009

Trigger Alert for New Movie

Marcella over at Abyss2Hope has a post today about a new movie that's out. Read her post, its important.

All I have to add is that for many people scenes in movies (and in books) can trigger a memory of a rape (or any other trauma) and the results can be devastating.

For me personally, I still feel sick, angry and humiliated whenever I see a rape scene in a movie or watch a TV show that has it as a theme (I would torture myself watching CSI SVU for some reason, thinking maybe it would make me immune to those feelings - it didn't).

So beware of the new movie "Observe and Report" , read Marcella's post and stand up against rape - date rape, "drunk rape" whatever you call it, its rape, its wrong, it happens too often and is taken too lightly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I figure if you don't like those sort of movies then don't watch them no one is forcing you to watch them. I'm a rape victim and I think it's VERY important to make the public and the new generation of kids and teens aware kids don't watch documentries but they will watch a movie there should be more of these real life movies made.