Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Illinois: Settlement in Clergy Sexual Abuse Cases

Published: August 12, 2008
The Archdiocese of Chicago said it had agreed to pay more than $12.6 million to settle lawsuits by 16 people who accused priests of sexual abuse. “My hope is that these settlements will help the survivors and their families begin to heal and move forward,” the archbishop, Cardinal Francis George, said in a separate statement in which he apologized for the abuse.

Money is nice and all...but these victims lives have been messed up and there is nothing that can  change that.  Of all the types of predators out there, those hiding behind the name of religion infuriate and disgust me the most.

I haven't written much personal here lately...just don't have the energy to get myself all riled up again over my own past.  

No comments: