Sunday, November 15, 2009

Victim vs Survivor

Definitions:

Victim: a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action

Survivor:  a person who continues to function or prosper in spite of opposition, hardship, or setbacks.

We don't have a choice in being victims....its something that happens to us.

But we do have a choice about becoming a survivor.  Its not easy.  It took me years to get to the point where I was ready to face the fact that I had been a victim and was no longer going to allow it to be a determining factor in my life.

I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to Carrie, a survivor.

1 comment:

Marj aka Thriver said...

How did I miss this particular blog of yours? I just saw your tweet and came over from Twitter. I'll get a link up to this blog over at my blog right away. Sorry! :P

Hey, would you consider submitting one of these posts about being a survivor or that deal with children to THE BLOG CARNIVAL AGAINST CHILD ABUSE? I'm hosting this month's edition myself, in honor of World Day for the Prevention of Child Abuse Thursday. Thanks for considering!